20 coronavirus hotspots sealed in Delhi: Sisodia
New Delhi, April 8, 2020
The Delhi government on Wednesday announced that it has sealed 20 coronavirus hotspots across the city and all movements in these areas are completely barred.
Speaking to the media, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said the decision was taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus infection.
"The areas will be completely sealed while the administration will ensure door-to-door delivery of essential items," Sisodia said.
He also said that some positive cases have been reported in the Sadar area here. "So the area has been sealed too," he said.
"In total, 20 hotspots have been identified in Delhi which have been sealed. Nobody will be allowed to enter or exit from these areas," Sisodia said.
The areas which have been sealed are:
1. Entire affected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar
2. Entire effected street of Gali No 6 , L 1 Sangam Vihar
3. Shahajahanabad Society, Plot No 1, Sector 11, Dwarka
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D blocks)
7. B Block Jhangirpuri;
8. H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali No 14, Kalyanpuri
9. Mansara Apartments, Vasundhara Enclave
10. Three Galis of Khichirpur, including Gali containing H. No. 5/387
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar
12. Vardhaman Apartments, Mayur Vihar, Phase I Extension
13. Mayurdhwaj Apartments, IP Extension, Patparganj
14. Gali No 4, from H. No. J-3/115 (Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108 (towards Anar Wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension
15 Gali No 4, from H. No J-3/101 to H. No. J-3/107, Krishan Kunj Extension
16. Gali No 5, A Block (From H No. A-176 to A-189), West Vinod Nagar
17. J and K, L and H pockets, Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks, Old Seemapuri
19. F-70 to 90 Block, Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap Khand, Jhilmil Colony
These areas will be sealed for at least 14 days. So far, about 600 positive Covid-19 cases have been found across the national capital.