Minor fire in Home Ministry in North Block, no casualties
New Delhi, June 8, 2022
A fire broke out on the first floor of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in North Block late last night which was put out within an hour. There were no casualties.
The fire brigade department received a call about the incident at around 12:20 a.m. on Wednesday, after which seven fire engines were sent to the spot to douse the fire.
"Fire was in telephone exchange at upper ground floor room number 82A and 82B of MHA. The room had computer, air conditioner, wires, telephone exchange accessories and other items," said the fire official.
The exact cause of the fire was not yet to be ascertained. However, it is being said that an electrical short circuit could be the possible cause of the fire.
No one was hurt in the incident. The fire was brought under control by 1:15 a.m.