Ahead of the two-day Smart City Ideas Camp beginning in New Delhi today, as many as 88 of the cities included in the Smart City Mission have identified consulting firms for preparation of city-wise Smart City Action Plans.
The remaining 10 cities in North-Eastern states and Union Territories will do so by this weekend, an official press release said.
Uttar Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir are still to nominate one city each for smart city development.
CRISIL Risk and Infrastructure Solutions Limited in association with Pri Move Infrastructure Development Consultants Private Ltd and Probity Soft Private Limited has bagged the contract for six cities followed by Jones Lang La Salle Property Consultants India Pvt Ltd in association with Townland Consultants Pvt Ltd and Tata Consulting Engineers, ICRA Management Consulting Private Limited in association with NJS Engineers India Private Limited and All India Institute of Local Self-Government for five cities each.
Foreign companies or their Indian associates are associated with the preparation of smart city plans for most of the cities.
Quick selection of consultants through tendering by the Mission cities has been enabled by the Ministry of Urban Development drawing up a panel of consultants for each region.
The details of cities and respective consultants are :
1. Nagpur, kalian-Dombivali, Nasik, Thane, Solapur and Amaravati, all in Maharashtra – CRISIL
2. Rajkot, Kochi, Ajmer, Erode and Coimbattore – ICRA
3. Chandigarh, Raipur, Bilaspur, Karnal, and Faridabad – All India Institute of Local Self-Government (Mumbai)
4. Vadodara, Bhubaneswar, Amritsar, Chennai and Tiruchirapalli –Jones Lang La Salle
5. Surat (Gujarat), Belgavi, Hubbai-Dharwad (Karnataka) and Dind – Darashaw & Co in association with IDOM Inginieria y Consultoria S.A.U and Fundacion Cartiff
6.Biharsharif, Oulgaret (Puducherry), Tirupur and Thoothukudi (TN) – Mahindra Consulting Engineers Ltd in association with Suez Environment Consulting and Akara Research and Technologies Pvt Ltd
7. Ahmedabad, Rourkela, Kota and Agartala – Feedback Infra Pvt Ltd in association with Happold Engineers India Pvt Ltd and Cisco Systems
8. Gandhinagar, Indore and Jabalpur – Mehta and Associates in joint venture with Oswal Computers and Consultants
9. Gwalior, Sagar and Satna – Voyants Solutions Pvt Ltd in association with Minraj Consultants
10. Kanput, Ghaziabad and Thanjavur (TN) – Dorsh Holding GmbH in association with Dorsh Consult India Pvt Ltd and L R Kadaliya and Associates
11. Greater Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Durgapur (W.Bengal) – Alia Consulting Solutions Pvt Ltd and Genesis Fin Tech
12. Ujjain, Dahod (Gujarat) – Haskoning DHV Consulting Pvt Ltd in joint venture with Haskoning DHV Nederland B.V and Grant Thornton Green Boulevard
13. New Town Kolkata and Bidahannagar (West Bengal) – Deloitte Touche Tohmastsu India Pvt Ltd in association with Urban Management Consultant and Hijli Inspiration
14. Tirupati (AP) and Tumakuru (Karnataka) – Lea Associates South Asia Ltd in association with Crux Consultants Pvt Ltd and VB Soft Private Ltd
15. Mangaluru and Udaipur – IIDC Ltd in association with Urban Mass Transport Company Ltd and Building Design Partnership Ltd
16. Allahabad and Aligarh – Aarvee Associates Architects, Engineers and Consultants Ltd in association with Mars Telecom Systems Pvt Ltd
17. Lucknow and Namchi (Sikkim) – Data World Pty Ltd in association with Innovest Advisory Services Pvt Ltd and Caritas Eco Systems Pvt Ltd
18. Rampur and Moradabad – Engineers India Ltd in association with JPS Associates Pvt Ltd
19. Salem and Madurai (TN) – Infrastructure Development Corporation (Karnataka) Limited in association with IDFC Foundation
20. Vellore and Tirunelveli (TN) – Shah Technical Consultants Pvt Ltd
21. Agra and Bareilly – International City Management Association with Urban Management Centre and Edge Soft India Pvt Ltd
22. Aizawl and Haldia – Arki Techno Consultants (India) Pvt Ltd and IRS Systems South Asia Pvt Ltd
23. Hyderabad, Aurangabad – Knight Frank (India) Pvt ltd with Fortress Infrastructure services and PSP Financial Consultants Pvt Ltd
24. New Delhi Municipal Council – KPMG
25. Bhagalpur – Ecorys Nederland BV with Ecorys India Pvt Ltd
26. Dharmashala – TERI with Tractebel Engineering SA, Belgium and Avalon Inrastructure solutions Pvt Ltd
27. Ranchi – I K Worldwide with SCP Consultants Pvt Ltd
28. Davanagere (Karnataka) – CRP Risk Management with Infrastructure Management and Advisory services Pvt Ltd
29. Shivamogga (Karnataka) – Srei Infrastructure Pvt Ltd with Navayuga spatial Technologies and RSP Design Consultants
30. Pune – McKinsey
31. Navi Mumbai – Tandon Urban Solutions Pvt Ltd with Spatial Decisions and Maha Infortech Pvt Ltd
32. Bhopal – Price Waterhouse Coopers with Rudrabhishek Enterprise and CPG Consultants Pvt Ltd
33. Jaipur – Mott MacDonald Pvt Ltd with Ernst and Young LLP
34. Sahranpur – Soft Tech Engineers Pvt Ltd with Design Point Consult Pvt Ltd
35. Dehradun – DDF Consultants Pvt Ltd with MSN Infrastructure and SGI Studio Galli Ingenieria Pvt Ltd
36. Visakhapatnam and Ludhiana – AECOM India Pvt Ltd with AECOM Asia Company Ltd
37. Varanasi and Jhansi – NK Buildcon Pvt Ltd.
The Ministry of Urban Development has already released Rs. 2 crore per Mission city for preparation of city-wise Smart City Plans.
The selected consulting firms will prepare smart city proposals under the supervision of urban local bodies and state governments based on review of previous plans and interventions undertaken. Smart City Plans shall contain area development action plans and financing plan for the complete life cycle of the proposal.
All city-wise Smart City Plans will be evaluated in the second stage of City Challenge competition for identifying the top ranking 20 cities for financing during the current financial year, the release added.