- Arts & Entertainment
- All Stories
Incredibly Gay India
Dubai, December 12, 2013
We are an incredible country. India. One man can technically and legally send 80 million people to prison for being criminals.
Here is a nation with the highest rate of slavery, child labour, poverty, despair and acts of hostility towards women. Even little girls are not spared. We are corrupt, venal and a huge swathe of our legislature has criminal records.
We cheat, we lie, we have made graft an art and a science.
And we actually have the energy and the time and the desire to interfere between the relationship of two people, however intimate, in the privacy of their own homes. And make it an issue. It is not even worth discussing. Privacy is the cornerstone of of the Constitution.
Why not just call in the Gestapo and get it over with, bring in the brownshirts and the moral cops and let’s save our libido for cowardly attacks on the weak, let’s prey on the defenseless and congratulate ourselves that at least we are being natural and have delivered ourselves from the real evil which is consensual sex between two adults that hurts nobody.
The lord save us from the pious. And those that pour sermons with soda-water and pretend to be the keepers of the gate.
We don’t need keepers of the gate…we need to stop the turning of a democracy into a police state.
Once our civil liberties are gone we can then yearn for what was rather than what is…zombies sans thought. Oh we cannot even yearn, we won’t have the freedom for that emotion.
Bikram Vohra has been editor of Gulf News, Khaleej Times, Bahrain Tribune, Emirates Evening Post and helped in setting up Gulf Today.
The views expressed here are personal and do not necessarily reflect the views of NetIndian.
More articles by Bikram Vohra
- Statues and Sheer Stupidity - November 4, 2013
- Those Were The Days, My Friend, LaLaLaLaLaLaLa - October 9, 2013
- The Colour of Abs Rotten - October 5, 2013
- Oh, to be Indian in England - October 2, 2013
- A Week Soaked in Blood and Gore - September 23, 2013
- Why this mollycoddling of creeps? - August 28, 2013
- No Puppy Love, Mr Modi or How Could You Be So Daft? - July 14, 2013
- If suicide is a crime, how can anyone else be found guilty? - June 13, 2013
- Hypocrites, Hype and Hoopla Besides a Good Deal of HaHaHa - June 2, 2013
- Cricket is a Cabaret, Old Chum, And We are the Suckers - May 18, 2013
- Cricket and Colombo, Confused and Confounded - March 27, 2013
- Pet peeves and other things that bug me... - February 2, 2013